You should receive the following information on the processing of your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679).
The Data Controller is Politecnico di Torino, represented by the Rector, with statutory seat in Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24-10129 Torino.
You can contact the Data Controller at: email@example.com
For further information and inquiries write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of Politecnico di Torino for inquiries on the processing of your personal data and your rights at: email@example.com
PURPOSES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
Your personal data shall be processed by Politecnico di Torino (Data Controller) in accordance with:
- the principles of lawfulness, fairness, transparency and data minimization referred to in article 5, paragraph 1 of the GDPR.
- article 6, paragraph 1, letter e) of the GDPR (“processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Controller”).
- article 9, paragraph 2, letter g) of the GDPR (“processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of Union or Member State law”): the processing of special categories of personal data is carried out for institutional purposes only.
Politecnico di Torino collects your personal data during the donation process.
Your data are processed by the Data Controller and by the university bodies authorised by the Data Controller to process your personal data within the scope of their functions and responsibilities.
Your data can be disclosed outside the University in the following cases:
- at the request of public authorities when they need your data for institutional purposes
- at the request of judicial authorities.
Personal data are stored in the university servers (located inside Politecnico) and/or in external servers which belong to providers of technical and administrative services. These service providers may have access to your personal data exclusively for the service they render. In this case Politecnico engages them as Processors in accordance with article 28 of the GDPR.
Personal data collected for specific institutional purposes may be transferred to non-EU countries (third countries). The Data Controller ensures that a transfer of personal data to a third country may take place where the EU Commission has decided that the third country in question ensures an adequate level of protection (art. 45 - GDPR) or has provided appropriate safeguards
(art. 46 - GDPR) or the transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest (art. 49 – GDPR).
PERIOD FOR WHICH PERSONAL DATA ARE STORED
The personal data related to your donation are kept for a period of time in accordance with the achieving obligations imposed by the law. Other personal data are kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (art. 5 - GDPR).
NECESSITY OF PROVIDING PERSONAL DATA
You are required to provide your personal data to Politecnico di Torino. If you refuse to provide your personal data, Politecnico cannot process your requests.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
You are the Data Subject and you have the right to obtain from the Data Controller (in accordance with articles 15,16,17,18, 18 and 21 of the GDPR):
- access to your personal data and to the information referred to in art. 15 of the GDPR;
- rectification of inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed);
- erasure of your personal data (except for data which must be kept by Politecnico di Torino) unless there are overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- restriction of processing pursuant to art. 18 of the GDPR.
You also have the right to:
- object to the processing of your personal data, except when the processing is required for your use of university services;
- withdraw your consent given for non-compulsory processing of personal data, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- data portability.
Please contact the Data Controller if you want to exercise your rights.
You have the right to contact the Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante per la protezione dei dati personali) or other public supervisory authorities to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data.
The English translation of this document is provided as a support to the student community and has no legal effects. The Italian version shall constitute the sole authentic text and will be referred to for any legal matters.